Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Clinton's Speech in New York

As the televisions of the household were preoccupied with Lethal Weapon and Mannequin (yes, seriously, Mannequin) I tuned in to CNN.com to catch a streaming feed of Clinton's speech in New York. I missed the beginning of it, but the gist of "I'm still #1" was paraded around. As she recalled the campaign trail, she spoke as if giving an acceptance speech, scoffing at the idea of a losing battle for the nomination and even bringing up 9-11.

What her speech lacked was the need for bringing the Democratic party back together; a perfect opportunity asking her supporters to support the party regardless of how things turn out (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek). Most of her speech was what we've come to expect; a lot of self-touting and arrogance. If one didn't know better, they would think she had not only the nomination but the presidency signed as a done deal. To summarize: Hillary Clinton sings praises in the form of "me me me me!"

Regardless of her head in the sand, and regardless of whether she makes it onto the ticket as running mate or at least advising in some way, I have no doubt she'll bring many advantages to Obama's campaign as well as bring back and unite many Democratic voters. My own opinion as to seeing her actively in the White House...I'm a bit wary of the idea, but I do think she can bring certain things to the table that will at least help Obama get on his way to the White House in November.

No comments: