Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Durrrh....I r stupid, I vote for Obama!

Preznit Clinton, why u call I stupid?

Of course, Mr. President, the reason I support Obama is because I am stupid. I am too stupid to realize that the 90s were a golden time for the poor. High paying jobs were plentiful for the working class, and nobody was left out from the prosperity. Your presidency was a completely prosperous time, with absolutely no part in the mess our nation currently is in. I remember all of the workers in Danville were just ecstatic about losing their jobs to Mexico in the name of global trade.

I don't believe Obama is saying there isn't a difference between your administration and Dubya's. Any body with half a brain can tell the difference between a middling caretaker administration and a Buchanan/Harding level disaster. You also didn't get us into a Iraq level clusterf**k, and for that I thank you. However, your administration wasn't exactly Camelot. Too often you and your DLC pals bent to the will of the GOP and your corporate masters. Rather than working to make NAFTA and other trade agreements more equitable to the workers of our nation, you instead ignored them in favor of Wal-Mart and other behemoths.

Look, I am a believer in free trade, provided it is fair trade. I understand that muscle work often goes where it is cheap. However, I don't know how you could view what happened in cities like Danville, IL or Springfield, OH during the 90s, and not expect the working class to feel that the Democrats didn't have their economic interests in mind.

In truth, I believe a lot of this hot air coming from President Clinton is based on his bloated ego. Not being able to accept the fact that maybe, just maybe, some people don't consider him the paragon of the Democratic part is driving him nuts. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb young voter.

No comments: