Monday, January 19, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day

The day that us supporters of Barack Obama have been anticipating since February of 2007 (or even before) is almost here. Tomorrow, President Elect Barack Obama will become President Obama, and the real work begins.

I had hoped to be off work tomorrow, or at least in a position to watch the Inauguration on TV while working. Unfortunately, circumstances require that I be at work tomorrow, contrary to what I wish. However, I still intend to listen to as much of the inauguration as I can, and will catch up on the rest via DVR.

I wish I had some elegaic words to write at this moment, but I cannot come up with the right words for this occasion. The promise of tomorrow has been the shining light in the murky depths of the Bush Administration, and it almost seems surreal that it really is here. But as unreal as it feels, it is here, and I am looking forward to both the inauguration and the Obama presidency. May 44 be a good number for the United States.

No comments: